So who is this guy?
Hi, I'm Sam. I'm currently in my four year of my Electrical Engineering and Information Technology dual degree and my first experience with Enterprise 2.0 was when I saw the class in my electives list. After doing a bit of research I became very interested in the concept of businesses using on-line platforms to build their digital presence. Although I've never written a Blog before I'm interested in learning the different techniques to maximise exposure and interest to what is essentially just my personal opinions.
What's the purpose then?
The posts that I'm planning to make on this Blog will aim to be of a mostly academic nature and I will be avoiding making making this into a personal diary of sorts. That doesn't necessarily mean that I'm aiming to simply state facts void of any opinion or personality but rather keep it somewhat 'professional'. All successful Blogs have a consistent theme and tone in their writing and I feel establishing this early on is important.
How will these posts be useful?
I'm expecting that the Blog posts will eventually expand to a variety of subjects and topics so to ensure that the Blog will be useful I will need to make sure I have done sufficient research on the topics discussed. Although I may not be an expert at these topics, by gathering information from a variety of sources and breaking it down into an easily digestible posts the blog should be useful.
How will I get readers?
This is a question I'm not entirely sure on at the moment. Although I'm aware that I can get a small amount of readership by commenting on fellow classmates blog posts, this will still be a relatively small number. Certain strategies that I have considered include using social media websites to gain interest such as facebook, twitter, reddit although this will only be effective given the posts are interesting to read. Also effective formatting of the text and images within the posts will make the posts become more eye catching which will obviously increase readership.
Example of a successful blog
One blog that I will be taking advice from is the Australian gaming blog website Kotaku. Although Kotaku is currently at a much larger stage than this blog, with a large group of writers posting multiple times a day, I still feel there is a lot I can incorporate from the blog. The posts are all very consistent even though written by a large variety of people, all having a similar professional tone and formatted similarly. By having a consistency through their topics and writing styles I believe it encourages people to return daily to stay up to date on the latest gaming related news.


your post is quite informative.
ReplyDeleteGreat post! My only suggestion would be to link to external sites in text as well as the images as it's a bit more visible.
ReplyDeleteGreat post! Will be taking a look at Kotaku :D
ReplyDeleteGreat post! Because of no redundant content, it improves the readability.
ReplyDelete